Friday, October 1, 2010

The lethargic week

I think I over trained...

I started to feel pretty worn down during my Saturday spin class.  By the end of our group ride on Sunday, I was positively wiped.  Breakfast club spinning on Saturday was still awesome, don't get me wrong.  I got a free O2 water bottle, and, as the class name would suggest, a free breakfast.

The group ride was my longest ride ever! 29 miles!  We went out to some market between Saguaro East and Colossal Cave, fighting a 20 mph headwind the whole way.  I started to get grouchy when my bike computer read 13+ miles and we still hadn't turned around yet. "Mac said 25 miles today, this is going to be more like 30, I'm tired, I'm sore, I already rode a lot this week, grumble, grumble, grumble"

Food and water at the break really turned my spirits around.  I joking complained to the group about the extra miles.  Mac just laughed and said sometimes the group leader has to lie about the ride.  What a little trickster!  On the ride back I had to tackle my first real hill.  I attacked it with gusto, even trying to stand up, but immediately sat back down after about two pedal strokes.  By the time I was almost to the top, I was in my granniest of gears going about 5 mph, but I made it.



Oh and a bug flew in Greg's mouth and bit/stung his tongue multiple times.  He laughed it off, so I can laugh too...Ha!

My rest day turned into a rest week, which is really lame.  More rides planned for this weekend, so hopefully that will get me moving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment