Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oro Valley loop

There are a couple of places on El Tour route that scare me a little bit.  Oracle road up through Oro Valley is one of them.  It's about a quarter of the way into the ride, it's uphill, and I know there is a long downhill section ahead.  I tell myself that if I can make it through Oro Valley, I have the tour in the bag.

Today we rode that scary section...in reverse, so the hills were more in our favor.  There was still quite a bit of climbing...the most climbing I've ever done actually.

This is a route I like to call Up and Around in Oro Valley.
I had my new 155mm shorty crank arms to test out.  They are supposed to make it a bit easier for vertically challenged people like me to keep a higher cadence and put less strain on the knees.  I think they worked beautifully, and I love them.  I can really feel myself improving every week.  I'm using parts of my lungs I didn't even know I had!

We took in some amazing views around the 14 mile mark.  I made Greg stop and take a picture.

Tucson is way off in the distance behind me.  What do you think of my fancy new cycling shorts?  Remember my pretty-in-pink-first-group-ride outfit?  I think I look awesome now :)

We averaged 14.5 mph and went 29.5 miles.  I just want to give a shout out to my fantastic husband.  Greg, I can't believe we're doing this, and I feel so lucky to be sharing these rides with you.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, sounds like it was an awesome ride! Good luck on your next adventure tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete