Thursday, September 2, 2010

Season 11 kick-off event and expo

Jen here again.  I promise I'll get Greg to post eventually....

We went to the BTE season 11 kick-off event last night and had a great time.  I felt more than a little guilty as I skipped the veggie hors d'oeuvres and went straight for a cookie.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make her drink.

The coolest vender there was O2 Modern Fitness, a spinning indoor cycling studio.  They have stationary trainers, so we can bring our own bikes to their classes, which is pretty neat.  I'm going to try and talk Greg into going to an intro spinning class on Saturday.  One table over from O2 was the Mount Lemmon Marathon, the self-proclaimed "toughest road marathon in the world."  I smiled and tried to look sincere when I took the guy's flier.  Sounds like fun right...yeah no, not in a million years.

After that there was a vender raffle, and Greg and I both won!  Duplicate prizes! What are the odds, huh?  We both got tiny women's athletic shirts from Pike Athletics (Ellen, one of these shirts has your name on it) AND complementary "Strength and Conditioning Sessions" AND complementary "Functional Movement Screens."  I don't know what those are, but they sound expensive.  Kinda looking forward to that...kinda not.  


I won an extra prize too!  Guess what it was.  Free entry to the Mount Lemmon Marathon!  Yay!  I gave that away.  My legs and lungs were burning just holding the certificate.


All in all a good experience.  My friend Crystal has been doing BTE for years now and she said, "nothing is more motivating that struggling to keep up with 70 year old cancer survivors."  I would have to agree with her on that.  There were some pretty inspiring people in the audience.  Looking forward to getting to know some of them better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment