Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh Snap! New Stuff!

Jen here.

Someone's got new shoes and pedals...me!  That's right, I'm going clipless.

Clipless pedals are a bit of a misnomer, because, while you do technically clip into the bike pedal, you do so without the aid of toe-clips...an earlier invention.  Hence the name...clipless.


Introducing my super cool new cycling shoes.  I was thinking I'd go with a mountain bike shoe because they can be easier to walk in.  In the end, I went with these streamlined Scattante roadies.  They won in the comfort and dainty-ness departments.


The cleat attaches to the bottom of the shoe and engages the pedal while riding. This allows for more pedaling power.  I picked out the Speedplay Frogs because I saw them referred to as clipless pedals for dummies.  That's the scary part about clipless pedals.  If you don't disengage the pedals when you come to a stop...you'll fall over.

See how they can hold you in place?

Shall I start a counter to track how many times I fall?

2 comments:

  1. Not only should you start a counter, I think maybe a pool would be in order. Put me down for $10 and 3 falls.

    P.S. -- Really snazzy lookin' shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: That counter is going to be for naught! I rode in to work this morning and didn't fall once. They truly are clipless pedals for dummies...

    ReplyDelete