Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bike Mods to Come

Greg here,

My 1983 Nishiki Cresta has a very sweet double butted Tange No. 2 chromoly frame, but old school friction shifting components. In fact, the guy I bought the bike from had converted it to a single speed. He could not find the original Suntour Cyclone Mk II components so I was given an assortment of Shimano parts. Right now I have it shifting smoothly but I really miss indexed shifting with "brifters" (where the brake lever and shifters are combined so you can shift without taking you hands away).

This old Nishiki touring bike is replacing an aluminum Specialized that was a little too big for me. Fortunately, the Specialized has a Shimano 105 groupset in acceptable condition. I'm having this group switched over to the Nishiki later this week. It's going to be a brand new bike. Here's a before photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment